The 5th Annual Party for the Paws – Sunday, October 6, 2013, 4-6:30pm,
at the Embassy Suites in Seaside
Please sign up for our e-newsletter (to the right) to receive updates or join us on Facebook.
The 2013 event will benefit these four groups, that combined, serve approximately 9,300 animals a year:
These shelters need our help more than ever. All proceeds from event ticket sales, raffles and silent auction items benefit these four organizations. The event is funded by donations from area sponsors and individuals, and organized by a not-for-profit group of citizens.
TICKETS ARE ON SALE NOW! You may buy tickets online (click here to purchase) or at the door. Tickets are $40 in advance.
The price of admission includes:
• Appetizers & Wine
• Live Music from Mike Maguire
• The opportunity to bid on a myriad of Silent Auction items from area retailers, services, theaters, restaurants, artists, galleries and more • Chances to win great items with lots of great Raffles! Plus we'll have rescued dogs onsite available for adoption. Please click here for addtional ticket details.
SPECIAL THANKS TO ALL THE PARTICIPATING CHEFS PROVIDING EATS FOR OUR 2013 EVENT (and to our chef-organizer Dorothy Maras)!
Chef Annie Hobbs - A Taste of Elegance Catering
Chef Tamie Aceves - La Crème Monterey
Chef Mark Ayers - Coastal Luxury Management
Chef Mely Garcia
Chef Mary Font - Mrs. Delish’s Cupcakes
Jim and Jerilyn Burch
Chef Willi Franz - Monterey Marriott
Chef Tom Snyder - Esteban
Chef Cy Yontz - Rio Grill
Due to space limitations, we ask that you please only bring adoptable dogs to this event.
Special thanks to our gracious Chairperson Joy Anderson who is helping lead the efforts of our 2013 event, as well as co-chairs Dee and Kevin Armstead of WiredIn Carmel!
Thank you to everyone who has made Party For The Paws such a great success so far!
In four years we've raised over $37,000 for our four beneficiaries!
We owe our success to:
• ALL of our sponsors and donors and wonderful people who donated the amazing silent auction and raffle items, food, wine and supplies over the years (click here for a list of our donors, past and present).
• Our 2012 hosts, Ventana Vineyards and Wine Tasting Room. Thank you to Barbara Pluth and her crew for sharing your lovely space with us yet again this year, as well as for donating the fantastic Ventana Wine and silent auction donations.
• Special thanks to everyone who made our 2013 our best year yet, where we raised over $12,000! We're grateful for everyone who attended, purchased auction items and raffle tickets, and also to the following:
Our delicious food providers: Tarpy’s Roadhouse, Kevin Phillips at Ablonetti, Chef Willie Franz at Marriott, Chef Mark Ayers from Cannery Row Brewing Co and of course, Dorothy Maras and Fatih Ildiz, who were of great help organizing the food donations. And last, but not least, the Bakery Station for the wonderful desserts.
The coverage our event received from our great local newspapers! Monterey County Weekly, Monterey County Herald, Salinas Californian, and the interview with our founder Karen by The Carmel Pine Cone! Thank you local media for your support!
MBS for printing our flyers and handbills. Thank you for your sponsorship.
And Joy Anderson, my co-chair for the 2012 event.
• The gracious host of the 2009 and 2010 event– Steve McShane and McShane's Nursery & Landscape Supply! It truly was a beautiful location!! And thank you to musician Michael Heller for providing our Garden Party entertainment.
• Our 2011 host Marc and the Marina Lounge, our emcee Tamara Berg of KION/KCBA and anchors Jasmine Viel and Marc Cota-Robles.
• Our volunteers, without whom we could not have run the event, my fellow organizer Shane Dolbier, and anyone I'm forgetting right now...
• And most importantly, everyone who attended!!
Thank you all so much! We hope to
see you all at our 2013 event!
Founder, Party for the Paws